Transportation Law Alerts
Transportation Law Alert: California Bars Inquiries Into Applicants’ Salary History
Read Scopelitis' take on California law prohibiting employers from seeking salary history information from applicants for employment.
Transportation Law Alert: Two Enforcement Actions Signal Growing Compliance Challenges for International Freight Forwarders
Read Scopelitis' take on the recent cases.
Transportation Law Alert: ALJ Finds Misclassifying Independent Contractor Drivers Violates the NLRA
Read Scopelitis' take on the ALJ decision.
Transportation Law Alert: Permanent Injunction Issued on DOL’s Overtime Rule
Read more on Scopelitis' take on a Texas judge's final order rejecting the U.S. Department of Labor’s attempt to raise the salary level for “white collar” exemptions from overtime.
Transportation Law Alert: First Circuit Denies Full-Court Review of Arbitration Opinion Unfavorable for Transportation Providers
Read more on Scopelitis' take on First Circuit decision.
Transportation Law Alert: Study Concludes CSA is Sensibly and Reasonably Structured But Recommends Improvements
Read more on Scopelitis' take on NAS report.
Transportation Law Alert: U.S. DOL Announces Withdrawal of Joint Employment, Independent Contractor Informal Guidance
Read more on Scopelitis' insights on this DOL announcement.
- Transportation Law Alert: FMCSA Withdraws Proposed “Safety Fitness Determination” Rule
- Transportation Law Alert: U.S. Senate Votes to Kill Blacklisting Rule
- Transportation Law Alert: FMC Initiates License Renewal Requirements for Ocean Transportation Intermediaries
- Transportation Law Alert: Fairness in Class Action Litigation Act 2017
- Transportation Law Alert: Indiana Court Finds 18-Month Federal Limitations Period Does Not Trump State Limitations Period in Freight Charge Collections Actions
- Transportation Law Alert: Court Issues Nationwide Injunction Blocking Department of Labor’s New Salary Rule
- Transportation Law Alert: Weekly Satellite Usage Fee Deemed Unlawful Forced-Purchase Under Federal Leasing Regulations
- Transportation Law Alert: Federal Leasing Regulations Preempt Wage Deduction Claims in IC Misclassification Litigation
- Transportation Law Alert: DOT Announces Federal Policy on Autonomous Vehicles
- Transportation Law Alert: EPA Stepping up Enforcement of CARB Truck and Bus and Drayage Truck Rules
- NMFTA Revisions To The Uniform Straight Bill of Lading – Problematic Provisions & Anti-Trust Concern. Should Participating Carriers Opt Out of the Revisions?
- Trucking Industry Scores Big Win In Oregon
- FMCSA Announces Additional Delay of Unified Registration System ( URS )
- NLRB Takes Union-Friendly Joint Employment Stance One Step Further
- DHHS Issues ACA Marketplace Notices
- DOL Persuader Rule Agreement
- FAA Final Rule Authorizes Use of Drones to Transport Property for Compensation
- DOL Issues Final Rule Re-Defining Sex Discrimination By Federal Contractors
- DOL Issues Final Rule Increasing Salary Threshold for Overtime Exemption
- FDA to Publish Sanitary Food Transportation
- US DOL Publishes "Persuader" Regulation
- Federal Court Denies Class Certification in Employment Reclassification Case
- FMCSA proposes new entry-level driver training regulations
- Amendment to FAA Reauthorization Legislation Authorizes For-Hire Drone Operations
- Seventh Circuit Rejects FAAAA Preemption Of Illinois Wage Act in Costello v. BeaVex
- FMCSA To Publish Proposed Safety Fitness Determination Rule
- Restrictions on Use of HOS Restart to Remain Suspended
- FMCSA removes CSA data from public view in face of FAST Act.
- Detailed Guidance Letter and Tips-Driver Coercion Rule
- Highway Bill Conference Agreement Summary
- FMCSA Publishes Final Rule on Driver Coercion
- View Archive