Allyson Feary Boyd
Ms. Boyd's practice focuses on independent contractor issues, including auditing clients' independent contractor programs and assisting in the counsel of and design of independent contractor programs. Ms. Feary's practice also focuses on transportation and logistics contracting issues, as well as regulatory and licensing compliance.
Allyson Feary Boyd counsels clients on a wide array of transportation issues including independent contractor issues, owner-operator arrangements, Federal Leasing Regulations, motor carrier and logistics operations and business dealings, and contract reviews. Ms. Boyd regularly drafts and reviews various transportation-related contracts, including logistics services contracts, motor carrier services contractors, and independent contractor agreements. She is also a frequent speaker at independent contractor roundtables for industry groups and client management meetings.
On The Road
- Transportation Law Update
Aug 3, 2022, Allyson Feary Boyd, ATA's Trucking Association Executives Council
- California AB 5: What Does It Mean, What’s Next, And What Should We Do About It?
Jul 28, 2022, Allyson Feary Boyd, Scopelitis Webinar Series
- Understanding AB5 and its Potential Impacts on Your Business
Jul 21, 2022, Allyson Feary Boyd, Harbor Trucking Association Member Webinar
- California AB5 - Impact of Supreme Court Decision on Transportation
Jul 13, 2022, Allyson Feary Boyd, Airforwarders Association Member Webinar
- The Ever-Evolving IC Landscape
Tuesday, July 12
Greg, me, Prasad, Allie, Kelli, Shannon
Jul 12, 2022, Allyson Feary Boyd, ATA Litigation Center’s 2022 Trucking Legal Forum - Austin, TX
- CA AB 5 Update
Jul 8, 2022, Allyson Feary Boyd, 2022 Nevada Trucking Association Conference
- CA AB5 — What Does it Mean and What’s Next?
Jul 6, 2022, Allyson Feary Boyd, Indiana Motor Trucking Association Member Webinar
- The Independent Contractor Situation in Trucking
Mar 17, 2022, Allyson Feary Boyd, Scopelitis Webinar Series
- Independent Contractor Status – Beyond California
Jul 22, 2020, Allyson Feary Boyd, American Trucking Association’s 2020 Virtual Trucking Legal Forum
- Impact of ABC Test in Trucking
May 26, 2020, Allyson Feary Boyd, American Trucking Association’s Law Review Webinar Series
- Update on Independent Contractor Rulings, Laws, Bills, and Other Developments Across the Country
Jan 16, 2020, Allyson Feary Boyd, Scopelitis Webinar SeriesAn update regarding the latest information developing across the county, from California’s controversial AB 5 to New Jersey’s S4204. In addition, an overview of best practices, contract provisions, and common mistakes that can create legal jeopardy in motor carriers’ dealings with owner-operator/ independent contractors.
- Owner-Operator Panel
Jul 15, 2019, Allyson Feary Boyd, American Trucking Associations’ 2019 Trucking Legal Forum - Rancho Bernardo, CA
- What “Rigged” Got Wrong: Structuring Lease-Purchase Programs to Avoid the Risks Outlined in USA Today’s “Rigged” Series
Aug 22, 2017, Allyson Feary Boyd, Scopelitis Webinar Series
- Independent Contractor Panel
Jul 20, 2017, Allyson Feary Boyd, American Trucking Associations 2015 Forum for Motor Carrier General Counsel - La Jolla, CA
- Expert Panel: Independent Contractors and Contracting Tips
May 5, 2017, Allyson Feary Boyd, Customized Logistics and Delivery Association - Orlando, FL
- Legislative Impact of the New Administration
Apr 20, 2017, Allyson Feary Boyd, Scopelitis Webinar Series
- Independent Contractor Challenges
Jul 14, 2016, Allyson Feary Boyd, Scopelitis Webinar Series
- Independent Contractor Model and Best Practices
Jun 13, 2015, Allyson Feary Boyd, South Carolina Trucking Association Annual Conference - Myrtle Beach, SC
- Independent Contractor Misclassification Issues
Apr 25, 2013, Allyson Feary Boyd, Alaska Trucking Association - Anchorage, AK
- Law Alert: Congress Moves A Step Closer to Examining Truck Lease-Purchase AgreementsThe Senate Commerce Committee passed on a bipartisan basis its contribution to a surface transportation reauthorization bill that includes a threat to lease-purchase agreements in the trucking industry.