Christopher C. McNatt Jr.
Mr. McNatt focuses on international transportation and customs issues as well as independent contractor and employment matters. He advises domestic and international transportation companies and customs brokers on the full range of business issues from regulatory matters and contracts to cargo liability concerns. Mr. McNatt is also often involved in litigation concerning commercial transactions, cargo claims disputes, personal injury, employment-related matters and independent contractor disputes.
Christopher C. McNatt, Jr. represents motor carriers, logistics companies, international freight forwarders, and customs brokers in a variety of issues including operational and regulatory compliance, contract review and formation, insurance, cargo liability, collections and litigation. His areas of practice include regulatory compliance, litigation, contracts and general transportation issues.
- Law Alert: California ABC Test - Controversial AB 5 Moves to GovernorScopelitis on the California legislature passing AB 5, which will impact many small businesses in California and will alter business relationships with many companies that work with those small businesses.
- Law Alert: Dynamex Legislation Passes California AssemblyScopelitis attorneys offer an update on the potential application of the Dynamex standard.
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment News: Sexual Harassment Prevention Training is Invaluable and a Must in CaliforniaMore on a Sexual Harassment Prevention Training offered by Scopelitis' Labor & Employment practice.
- Law Alert: California Joint and Several Motor Carrier ListPursuant to the statutory “publication” requirement under CA Labor Code §2810.4 a list of motor carriers that have outstanding California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement wage and hour liabilities has been published. Read more.
- Transportation Law Alert: California Bars Inquiries Into Applicants’ Salary HistoryRead Scopelitis' take on California law prohibiting employers from seeking salary history information from applicants for employment.