Craig J. Helmreich
Mr. Helmreich’s practice includes civil litigation, corporate collections, freight charge issues, cargo claims, and advice related to motor carrier documentation and transactions.
Craig J. Helmreich has a diverse practice assisting motor carriers and other transportation service providers in areas ranging from business litigation and bankruptcy to corporate collections, freight charge issues, and cargo claims (prosecution and defense). He also provides counsel on various transportation contract issues and motor carrier transactions.
On The Road
- “Broken Seal” Appeal: FSMA v. Carmack Liability
May 4, 2019, Craig J. Helmreich, Transportation Lawyers Association's 2019 Annual Conference - Austin, TX
- 2017 Cargo Claims: Year in Review
Nov 16, 2017, Craig J. Helmreich, Scopelitis Webinar Series
- International Logistics - Real World Examples of What Can Go Wrong, And How to Prevent It
Jul 20, 2017, Craig J. Helmreich, Scopelitis Webinar Series
- Transportation Brief: Spotlight on Scopelitis Emerging Tech PracticeThe way transportation companies conduct business today is changing quicker than ever, with technology presenting new opportunities and challenges. The Scopelitis Firm actively follows these changes and frequently assists newly-formed, technology-based transportation companies and established companies that seek to adopt new technologies to enhance their existing business model.
- Law Alert: Sears Files for BankruptcyRead more on the Sears Holding Corporation and almost 50 related companies, including both Kmart and Innovel Solutions (collectively “Sears”), having filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases in the Southern District of New York Bankruptcy court.
- Scopelitis in the News: "Hanjin Bankruptcy Led to Heavy Losses, Write-Offs." August 24, 2017, Transport Topics.Scopelitis Partner Craig Helmreich talks about Hanjin Shipping Co.'s bankruptcy with Transport Topics.
- Scopelitis in the News: "The FDA's Continued Focus on the Logistics Industry: The Sanitary Food Transportation Act and Beyond." September 2016, The Logistics Journal (TLJ)Scopelitis Partner Nathaniel Saylor and Craig Helmreich share insights with TLJ on regulations that say the brokers are "shippers", thereby exposing brokers to direct regulation by FDA.
- PEO Insider
Limiting PEO Liability: The Contractual Shield
- "Material Deviation: A Fallacious Argument Against Limitations of Motor Carrier Liability," Transportation Lawyers Association, The Transportation Lawyer (2011, co-authored)