Janis E. Steck
Ms. Steck’s practice focuses on trial court litigation, including highway accident claims, insurance defense, insurance coverage matters and commercial and business disputes.
Jannie Steck is an attorney in the Indianapolis office and regularly represents clients in state and federal trial court litigation. She regularly defends motor carriers in state and federal trial court litigation involving highway accident claims for personal injuries. She has defended clients in multiple jury and bench trials, and regularly assists clients with emergency rapid response to accidents. She also counsels clients and litigates matters involving insurance coverage and insurance coverage disputes.
On The Road
- How to Defend Your Fleet From the Tire and Wheel Related Litigation: A Mock Trial
Mar 6, 2022, Janis E. Steck, American Trucking Associations’ Technology and Maintenance Council Annual Meeting - Orlando, FL
- Company Structuring and Nuclear Verdicts
Sep 28, 2021, Janis E. Steck, Truckload Carriers Association's Dry Van Group’s Meeting - Las Vegas, NV
- Accident Investigation and Preservation of Evidence, and the Rise of Frivolous Lawsuits and Strategies to Defend Them
May 8, 2018, Janis E. Steck, Indiana Motor Trucking Association's Safety & Maintenance Council Meeting - Indianapolis, IN
- Mock Trial Presentation
Jan 30, 2018, Janis E. Steck, Nebraska Trucking Association - Omaha, NE
- Legal Issues Impacting Transportation Operations and Employee Rights
Nov 8, 2017, Janis E. Steck, Women in Trucking's Annual Accelerate Conference - Kansas City, MO
- Scopelitis in the News: "Mock Trial Showcases Nuances of Tire-Related Accidents." March 9, 2022. Transport Topics.Transport Topics coverage of a mock trial led by Scopelitis at the 2022 Annual Meeting & Transportation Technology Exhibition that showcased what could happen after a tire-related traffic accident.