Jay D. Robinson, Jr.
Mr. Robinson practices primarily in the areas of corporate and business law, with a particular emphasis upon acquisitions, mergers, and restructuring transactions within the motor carrier transportation industry.
Jay D. Robinson, Jr. is a partner with experience representing a wide range of clients in various types of transactions, mergers, and acquisitions. His areas of practice include representation of both buyers and sellers for company sales and acquisitions through the Scopelitis firm’s national client base and advising clients with respect to company restructuring in the context of the current business environment for transportation companies. Mr. Robinson also has significant experience advising clients on landlord-tenant issues. He has written and spoken on numerous issues regarding various transactions within the transportation industry, including before the Annual Conventions of the American Trucking Associations, the National Accounting and Finance Council of the American Trucking Associations, the Transportation Lawyers Association, and the Indiana Motor Truck Association.
On The Road
- Company Structuring and Nuclear Verdicts
Sep 28, 2021, Jay D. Robinson,, Truckload Carriers Association's Dry Van Group’s Meeting - Las Vegas, NV
- Transportation Brief: Navigating PPP Loans in A Business SaleOne potentially thorny issue that frequently arises in the COVID-pandemic era is the treatment of Payroll Protection Program (PPP) loans in the context of a transaction involving the purchase or sale of a company. Read more about Small Business Administration guidance on this matter including notices, documentation, and procedures that must be followed in certain circumstances.
- Transportation Brief: Spotlight on Mergers & AcquisitionsNews regarding independent contractor misclassification considerations continues to make headlines. Among the many reasons that industry leaders follow these developments so closely is their potential to materially impact a business’s sale—both for a seller or a buyer.
- Transportation Brief: Mergers & Acquisitions - Deal Failures in Hot Trucking MarketRecently private equity firms and a steady stream of strategic buyers in the trucking market have taken a renewed and active interest in acquiring transportation businesses. Despite an active market, in part due to greater availability of loans and underwriting insurance, deal failures have occurred with greater frequency. In many cases, a mock due diligence audit can reveal some common issues.
- Transportation Brief: Buyers Be DiligentWhen considering the acquisition of a motor carrier operation, a number of due diligence matters specific to transportation should be analyzed. Read more here.