Jerad T. Childress
Mr. Childress serves clients on a wide variety of legal issues directly affecting the transportation industry including regulatory issues associated with various DOT administrations such as NHTSA, FAA, and FMCSA. Mr. Childress assists carriers and manufacturers with various issues related to Electronic Logging Devices, including third party review of manufacturer’s self-certification requirements and auditing of logs. Mr. Childress serves as part of the Monitor Team appointed by NHTSA to oversee a major RV manufacturer regarding their NHTSA reporting obligations under the Safety Act. He also represents companies facing investigations by the FAA regarding the transportation of Hazardous Materials/Dangerous Goods by air. Mr. Childress is also a registered civil and domestic mediator.
Mr. Childress volunteered with Big Brothers Big Sisters throughout law school and received the William H. Plater Civic Engagement Medallion for his work. Mr. Childress was a member of the Health Law Society while in law school. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Childress served in the U.S. Navy.
On The Road
- Dealer Regulatory Matters: Understanding How Federal and State Trailering Regulations May Impact You and Your Customers
Sep 6, 2019, Jerad T. Childress, North American Trailer Dealers Association’s Trade Show & Convention - St. Louis, MO
- What to Expect from the DOT in 2019 and Beyond
Jan 17, 2019, Jerad T. Childress, Scopelitis Webinar Series
- Law Alert: FMCSA's Proposes Significant Revisions to HOS RulesScopelitis attorneys on the FMCSA's highly-anticipated hours-of-service Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM).
- Transportation Brief: Canada’s Final ELD RuleWhile there is significant overlap between Canada's recently-published final ELD rule and the U.S. ELD rule, there are notable differences of which cross-border motor carriers should be aware.
- Transportation Brief: DispatchesTransportation Industry News & Trends
- Law Alert: FMCSA Modifies Guidance to Authorize the Use of AOBRD Software on ELD-capable Hardware through December 16, 2019Read Scopelitis' take on modified FMCSA guidance regarding AOBRD software.
- Transportation Brief: AOBRD v. ELDThere are a number of added requirements (or benefits) associated with outfitting a fleet with ELDs versus AOBRDs. Read Scopelitis' insight here.