John N. Hove
Mr. Hove focuses his practice on international transportation and logistics trade and business transactions, regulatory compliance, the establishment, acquisition and divestiture of U.S. and foreign business entities, infrastructure engineering and construction and corporate governance.
John N. Hove has more than 40 years’ experience handling a wide variety of business transactions in the U.S. and in more than 100 other countries. He has served as General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for two major corporations and has substantial experience with contract negotiation, international regulatory issues, corporate governance, internal investigations, financing, acquisitions, risk management programs, crisis management and human resources issues. He has also worked extensively on pipeline and other transportation infrastructure engineering, procurement and construction contracts, both in the U.S. and internationally.
On The Road
- Co-Chair of the International Trade and Customs Specialty Group
May 2, 2018, John N. Hove, TAG Alliances' Spring International Conference - Barcelona, Spain
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: What You Don’t Want to Know Can Hurt You
Sep 22, 2017, John N. Hove, University of Tulsa College of Law’s Richard B. Risk Practicum CLE Series - Tulsa, OK
- Scopelitis Webinar Series: International Logistics - Real World Examples of What Can Go Wrong, And How to Prevent It
Jul 20, 2017, John N. Hove
- Scopelitis International eNewsletter: December 2018From Scopelitis' International Practice, this issue focuses on Canine Cargo Screening; Freight Forwarder Contract Issues; FCPA M&A Diligence Guidance and New GDPR Guidlines.
- Scopelitis International eNewsletter: November 2018From Scopelitis' International Practice, this issue focuses on Iran Sanctions Update; TIACA Air Cargo Forum 2018; Freight Forwarder Contract and the GDPR Offspring.
- Scopelitis International eNewsletter: October 2018From Scopelitis' International Practice, this issue focuses on NAFTA-2; Air Cargo Advance Screening Program; FCPA Update and the Sulfur Cap.
- Scopelitis International eNewsletter: September 2018From Scopelitis' International Practice, this issue focuses on FCPA enforcement; Anti-Boycott Laws; EU’s Global Data Protection Regulation and the New FMC Rule for NVOCCS.
- Transportation Law Alert: Two Enforcement Actions Signal Growing Compliance Challenges for International Freight ForwardersRead Scopelitis' take on the recent cases.
- 3PL Americas
"Global Anti-Corruption Considerations for 3PLs," International Warehouse Logistics Association
- The Logistics Journal
"International Logistics Operations — The Challenge of Corruption," Transportation Intermediaries Association