Kathleen C. Jeffries
Ms. Jeffries practices primarily in the areas of business litigation, contracts and general transportation law, including cargo loss and damage claims and freight charge collections actions.
Kathleen C. Jeffries is a partner in the firm with over 34 years of litigation, administrative, transactional and advisory experience in transportation and general business law. With an emphasis on freight claim and freight charge litigation, she represents motor carriers, freight forwarders and property brokers, among other transportation entities, in civil litigation, regulatory and transportation-related misdemeanor proceedings, contract development and general business counsel. Ms. Jeffries recently served as Chair of the Conference of Freight Counsel; is past president of the Transportation Lawyers Association; and is a recipient of the TLA’s Lifetime Achievement Award, Distinguished Service Award and Special Presidential Commendation for Leadership and Mentorship. She is AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest peer recognition for ethical standards and legal ability; is recognized as a “Top Rated Lawyer in Transportation” by Martindale-Hubbell™ and American Lawyer Media; and has been selected as one of the top Southern California lawyers in the Southern California Super Lawyers Peer Survey Selection.
On The Road
- Focus on the Industry Boot Camp
Jan 23, 2020, Kathleen C. Jeffries, Transportation Lawyers Association’s Reginal Seminar - Chicago, IL
- Keep Austin Weird - But Not Your Mediations
May 2, 2019, Kathleen C. Jeffries, Transportation Lawyers Association's 2019 Annual Conference - Austin, TX
- Freight Claims - Questions and Answers
Mar 27, 2019, Kathleen C. Jeffries, Transportation & Logistics Council's 45th Annual Conference - Memphis, TN
- The First Two Were High and Tight, So Where Do You Think the Next One's Gonna Be
May 2, 2018, Kathleen C. Jeffries, Transportation Lawyers Association Annual Conference - Orlando, FL
- Freight Claims – Questions and Answers Panel
Mar 19, 2018, Kathleen C. Jeffries, Transportation & Logistics Council Annual Conference - Charleston, SC
- 2017 Cargo Claims: Year in Review
Nov 16, 2017, Kathleen C. Jeffries, Scopelitis Webinar Series
- Transportation Brief: Eleventh Circuit Upholds Downstream Carrier’s Limitation of LiabilityThe Eleventh Circuit, in Essex Insurance v. Barrett Moving & Storage, reversed summary judgment against Landstar by upholding standing law that shippers are bound by liability limitations established between an intermediary and a carrier, notwithstanding the shipper’s claim that it was not aware that Barrett brokered the load. Read more here.