Kelli M. Block
Ms. Block's practice is devoted to serving clients on a wide variety of legal issues, with a concentration on independent contractor issues directly facing the transportation industry. Ms. Block focuses her practice on the representation of transportation carriers, freight-forwarders, and logistics companies in regulatory compliance, transportation contract review, owner-operator leasing arrangements, insurance disputes, and IRS matters. Ms. Block also counsels clients on insurance program development and alternative risk programs.
Kelli M. Block counsels clients on a wide array of regulatory and transportation–related issues. Ms. Block regularly advises motor carrier and other transportation intermediary clients regarding reclassification of independent contractor owner-operators as employees, insurance and alternative risk management programs, and general business strategies and operational models. Additionally, Ms. Block is an experienced litigator who assists in the defense of motor carrier client interests concerning state and federal tax matters, as well as class action litigation alleging wage, hour, and other employment law and regulatory violations.
On The Road
- Did You Hear the One About the Attorney?
Apr 11, 2018, Kelli M. Block, Transportation Intermediaries Association Capital Ideas Conference and Exhibition - Palm Desert, CA
- Scopelitis Webinar Series: Independent Contractor Challenges
Jul 14, 2016, Kelli M. Block
- Transportation Brief: U.S. EPA Enforcement of California Air Resources Board (CARB) Regulations Outside of CaliforniaIf your company hires or dispatches heavy-duty trucks to operate in California various CARB regulations may apply to your operations. Read more from our attorneys.
- Transportation Brief: The Tax Law and Motor-Carrier-Sponsored Per Diem PlansWhile the Act did not change the motor carrier’s side of the balance sheet when it comes to properly structured per diem plans, motor carriers must ensure their per diem plans are carefully structured. Read Scopelitis' insight here.
- Transportation Brief: The New Tax Law OverviewThe Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (the Act) resulted in the most sweeping tax overhaul in decades. This offers overview of the changes in the Act that may have the most significant impact upon the transportation industry. Read Scopelitis' more here.
- Transportation Law Alert: Impact of New Tax Bill on Motor CarriersRead Scopelitis' take on the impact of new tax bill on motor carriers