Renea E. Hooper, Partner
Ms. Hooper's practice focuses on trial court litigation, including insurance defense, highway accident claims, as well as commercial and business disputes.
Ms. Hooper regularly defends motor carriers and insurers in state and federal trial court litigation involving highway accident claims for personal injuries, including catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. She has defended clients in multiple jury trials and bench trials and regularly assists clients with emergency rapid response to accidents. She also counsels clients and litigates matters involving business disputes, such as breach of contract, construction disputes, real and personal property lien rights, and other commercial transactions.
Ms. Hooper is a frequent speaker on various transportation topics before national trucking industry groups. She has also presented mock jury trials on numerous occasions before the Indiana Motor Truck Association, as well as at a joint meeting of the Indiana Motor Truck Association, Kentucky Trucking Association, and Ohio Trucking Association.
On The Road
- Cross-Examination of Plaintiff's Trucking Safety Expert
Jun 26, 2019, Renea E. Hooper, Defense Research Institute's Trucking Law Primer Seminar - Big Rig Meets Court Room - Nashville, TN
- Accident Investigation and Preservation of Evidence, and the Rise of Frivolous Lawsuits and Strategies to Defend Them
May 8, 2018, Renea E. Hooper, Indiana Motor Trucking Association's Safety & Maintenance Council Meeting - Indianapolis, IN
- Mock Trial Presentation
Jan 30, 2018, Renea E. Hooper, Nebraska Trucking Association - Omaha, NE
- Emerging Trends in Highway Accident Litigation
Sep 21, 2017, Renea E. Hooper, Scopelitis Webinar Series
- Have You Even Been to a Real Trial to Know What Actually Happens in the Courtroom?
Jul 26, 2017, Renea E. Hooper, Indiana Motor Truck Association, Ohio Trucking Association, and Kentucky Trucking Association Conference - Florence, IN
- Identify Accidents That Could Result in Significant Financial Exposure
Mar 9, 2017, Renea E. Hooper, Ohio Safety Congress & Expo 2017 - Columbus, OH
- How to Defend Your Business If You Are Involved in a Catastrophic Accident
Feb 27, 2017, Renea E. Hooper, OmniTrac Outlook Conference - Phoenix, AZ
- Scopelitis In the News: "And The Defense Wins" 10/26/16 edition of DRIScopelitis partners Renea Hooper and Mike Langford on defense verdict obtained in double wrongful death case