Sara L. Pettinger
Ms. Pettinger focuses her practice on the defense of companies in employment discrimination lawsuits and provides general employment counseling.
Sara L. Pettinger's practice primarily includes defense of management in all aspects of labor and employment law, including employment discrimination litigation, employment agreements and employment termination issues, in federal court, state court, appellate court and before administrative agencies. Her litigation experience also encompasses commercial matters, including business torts litigation and contractual disputes. Ms. Pettinger is an active speaker and presenter and has participated in seminars on harassment in the workplace, employee handbooks, class action lawsuits, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, wrongful termination and other employment-related topics.
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment Newsletter - EEO-1 ReportingUpdates from Scopelitis' Labor and Employment team.
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment eNewsletter: A Note on New Requirements for the Reimbursement of Employee ExpensesFrom Scopelitis' L & E Practice, this issue focuses on Illinois recently becoming the ninth state or district to mandate reimbursement of an employee’s expenses
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment eNewsletter: The Overtime Salary Threshold - Still On HoldFrom Scopelitis' L & E Practice, this issue focuses on the overtime salary threshold of $23,660 that has been under review by the Department of Labor (“DOL”) since 2016 - still on hold
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment eNewsletter: A Note About OSHA and Safety ComplianceFrom Scopelitis' L & E Practice, this issue focuses on OSHA who has recently provided guidance for safety-minded companies in the form of advice as well as citations issued
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment eNewsletter: A Note About Service Animals in the WorkplaceFrom Scopelitis' L & E Practice, this issue focuses on does an employer have a legal obligation to allow an employee to bring an animal into the workplace?
- Law Alert: Employers Should Immediately Begin Using New Version of FCRA Summary of RightsRead more on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's just released new model “Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act”.