Sara L. Pettinger
Ms. Pettinger focuses her practice on the defense of companies in employment discrimination lawsuits and provides general employment counseling.
Sara L. Pettinger's practice primarily includes defense of management in all aspects of labor and employment law, including employment discrimination litigation, employment agreements and employment termination issues, in federal court, state court, appellate court and before administrative agencies. Her litigation experience also encompasses commercial matters, including business torts litigation and contractual disputes. Ms. Pettinger is an active speaker and presenter and has participated in seminars on harassment in the workplace, employee handbooks, class action lawsuits, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, wrongful termination and other employment-related topics.
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment News - August 2019More insight from Scopelitis' L & E practice on action employers should take regarding the DOL opinion letter on sleeper berth time.
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment News - July 2019Scopelitis' L & E practice group on paid leave laws creating tension for transportation industry employers.
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment News: Sexual Harassment Prevention Training is Invaluable and a Must in CaliforniaMore on a Sexual Harassment Prevention Training offered by Scopelitis' Labor & Employment practice.
- Law Alert: Prepare Now for September 30, 2019 EEO-1 Pay Data Reporting DeadlineDeadlines and requirements for the EEOC's new pay data reporting requirement have now been set. Read details from the Scopelitis L&E team.
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment News - March 2019, Part 2An update on EEO-1 Reporting
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment News - December 2018From Scopelitis' L & E Practice, this issue focuses on Illinois recently becoming the ninth state or district to mandate reimbursement of an employee’s expenses
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment News - December 2018From Scopelitis' L & E Practice, this issue focuses on the overtime salary threshold of $23,660 that has been under review by the Department of Labor (“DOL”) since 2016 - still on hold
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment News - November 2018From Scopelitis' L & E Practice, this issue focuses on OSHA who has recently provided guidance for safety-minded companies in the form of advice as well as citations issued
- Scopelitis Labor & Employment News - October 2018From Scopelitis' L & E Practice, this issue focuses on does an employer have a legal obligation to allow an employee to bring an animal into the workplace?
- Law Alert: Employers Should Immediately Begin Using New Version of FCRA Summary of RightsRead more on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's just released new model “Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act”.