Sara L. Pettinger
Ms. Pettinger focuses her practice on the defense of companies in employment discrimination lawsuits and provides general employment counseling.
Sara L. Pettinger's practice primarily includes defense of management in all aspects of labor and employment law, including employment discrimination litigation, employment agreements and employment termination issues, in federal court, state court, appellate court and before administrative agencies. Her litigation experience also encompasses commercial matters, including business torts litigation and contractual disputes. Ms. Pettinger is an active speaker and presenter and has participated in seminars on harassment in the workplace, employee handbooks, class action lawsuits, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, wrongful termination and other employment-related topics.
- Scopelitis L & E News: November 2019The Scopelitis Labor & Employment team on making sure your company's fitness/agility tests are legal.
- Scopelitis L & E News: October 2019Scopelitis' Labor & Employment practice on the growing marijuana trend increases employer uncertainty in drug testing and discipline.
- Law Alert: U.S. DOL Issues Final Rule Raising Overtime Exemption Salary Threshold to $35,568Scopelitis on the U.S. DOL’s final regulation on workers’ overtime-exempt status.
- Scopelitis L & E News: August 2019Scopelitis Labor & Employment Practice on action employers should take regarding the DOL opinion letter on sleeper berth time.
- Scopelitis L & E News: July 2019Scopelitis' Labor & Employment Practice on paid leave laws creating tension for transportation industry employers.
- Scopelitis L & E News: May 2019Scopelitis' Labor & Employment Practice on its Sexual Harassment Prevention Training offering
- Law Alert: Prepare Now for September 30, 2019 EEO-1 Pay Data Reporting DeadlineDeadlines and requirements for the EEOC's new pay data reporting requirement have now been set. Read details from the Scopelitis L&E team.
- Scopelitis L & E News: March 2019, Part 2Scopelitis' Labor & Employment Practice with an update on EEO-1 Reporting
- Scopelitis L & E News: February 2019Scopelitis' Labor & Employment team on attacks on the exempt status of the freight broker position
- Scopelitis L & E News: December 27, 2018Scopelitis' Labor & Employment Practice on Illinois recently becoming the ninth state or district to mandate reimbursement of an employee’s expenses
- Scopelitis L & E News: December 6, 2018From Scopelitis' Labor & Employment Practice on the overtime salary threshold of $23,660 that has been under review by the Department of Labor (“DOL”) since 2016 - still on hold
- Scopelitis L & E News: November 2018Scopelitis' Labor & Employment Practice on OSHA, who has recently provided guidance for safety-minded companies in the form of advice as well as citations issued
- Scopelitis L & E News: October 2018Scopelitis' Labor & Employment Practice on whether or not employer has a legal obligation to allow an employee to bring an animal into the workplace.
- Law Alert: Employers Should Immediately Begin Using New Version of FCRA Summary of RightsRead more on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's just released new model “Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act”.