Ryan W. Wright
Mr. Wright focuses his practice on the representation of transportation carriers, forwarders, and logistics companies in regulatory compliance, transportation contract review, owner-operator leasing arrangements, antitrust issues, and acquisitions, mergers, and restructuring transactions.
While in law school Mr. Wright served as a Managing Editor of the Indiana Law Journal. He interned at the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana and is a member of the Order of the Coif.
On The Road
- Transportation Industry Legal Challenges in 2018
Feb 1, 2018, Ryan W. Wright, Trucking Owners Business Roundtable - Indianapolis, IN
- Law Alert: U.S. Supreme Court Unanimously Declares Owner-Operators Exempt from the Federal Arbitration ActRead more from Scopelitis on the U.S. Supreme Court opinion in New Prime, Inc. v. Oliveira.
- Law Alert: U.S. Supreme Court Hears Oral Argument in New PrimeRead more on the oral argument in New Prime, Inc v. Oliveira a case primarily about whether trucking independent contractors are exempt from the Federal Arbitration Act (FAA).
- Video Law Alert: New Prime Oral Argument PreviewRead a preview of next week’s oral argument in a trucking case pending before the United States Supreme Court that will significantly impact the use of arbitration to resolve disputes with owner-operators.
- Law Alert: Supreme Court Allows Class Waivers in ArbitrationRead Scopelitis' take on the Supreme Court ruling that Class-Action and Collective-Action Waivers in Arbitration Agreements Do Not Violate the NLRA
- Transportation Law Alert: Supreme Court to Consider the “Transportation Worker” Exemption from the Federal Arbitration ActRead Scopelitis' take on the U.S. Supreme Court agreeing to hear an appeal by motor carrier New Prime, Inc. challenging a decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit that found the company’s owner-operators worked under “contracts of employment.”
- Transportation Law Alert: First Circuit Denies Full-Court Review of Arbitration Opinion Unfavorable for Transportation ProvidersRead more on Scopelitis' take on First Circuit decision.
- The Death of the Baga Serpent - Non-HHG Carrier Exposure for Attorney Fees Extinguished