Jacob R. Fisher
Mr. Fisher advises indirect air carriers, brokers, freight forwarders, ocean transportation intermediaries, warehouse operators and other logistics providers on a wide variety of business, regulatory compliance and trade-related matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Fisher spent over 15 years in the freight forwarding industry, nearly 9 of which was as general counsel to a multi-modal international logistics company based in Boston. During his time in-house, he regularly engaged in contract review and negotiation, resolution of cargo claims, legal support for human resources, internal employee compliance training and had extensive engagement with government regulatory agencies, particularly the Transportation Security Administration and U.S. Customs and Border Protection. He earned his J.D. from Widener University School of Law, where he served on the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, and his bachelor’s degree from Trinity College.
On The Road
- TSA / Government / 3rd Party Screening K9 Program
Feb 11, 2019, Jacob R. Fisher, AirCargo Conference - Las Vegas, NV
- Scopelitis Webinar Series: International Logistics - Real World Examples of What Can Go Wrong, And How to Prevent It
Jul 20, 2017, Jacob R. Fisher
- Scopelitis International Newsletter - February 2019Updates from Scopelitis' International Transportation Law team.
- Scopelitis International Newsletter - January 2019Updates from the Scopelitis International Transportation Law team.
- Scopelitis International eNewsletter: December 2018From Scopelitis' International Practice, this issue focuses on Canine Cargo Screening; Freight Forwarder Contract Issues; FCPA M&A Diligence Guidance and New GDPR Guidlines.
- Scopelitis International eNewsletter: November 2018From Scopelitis' International Practice, this issue focuses on Iran Sanctions Update; TIACA Air Cargo Forum 2018; Freight Forwarder Contract and the GDPR Offspring.
- Scopelitis International eNewsletter: October 2018From Scopelitis' International Practice, this issue focuses on NAFTA-2; Air Cargo Advance Screening Program; FCPA Update and the Sulfur Cap.
- Scopelitis International eNewsletter: September 2018From Scopelitis' International Practice, this issue focuses on FCPA enforcement; Anti-Boycott Laws; EU’s Global Data Protection Regulation and the New FMC Rule for NVOCCS.
- Scopelitis in the News: "Customer Contract Considerations for International Forwarders." June 20, 2018, Roanoke Trade.Scopelitis Partners Jacob Fisher and Nathaniel Saylor provide a brief overview of some legal and practical considerations to take into account when approached by a customer with a contract purporting to address international forwarding operations.
- Transportation Law Alert: Two Enforcement Actions Signal Growing Compliance Challenges for International Freight ForwardersRead Scopelitis' take on the recent cases.
- 3PL Americas
"Global Anti-Corruption Considerations for 3PLs," International Warehouse Logistics Association
- The Logistics Journal
"International Logistics Operations — The Challenge of Corruption," Transportation Intermediaries Association
- The Logistics Journal
"Regulatory Consideration for International Services," Transportation Intermediaries Association
- Scopelitis in the News: "Operational and Practical Considerations for the International Intermediary." September 2015, The Logistics Journal (TLJ)Scopelitis Partners Nathaniel Saylor and Jake Fisher share insights with TLJ on international air freight forwarders, in order to practically tender cargo to many international air carriers, must become “endorsed agents” of the International Air Transport Association (“IATA”).