The Transportation Brief®: A Quarterly Newsletter, Winter 2021
In this issue:
• Regulatory Outlook for the New Administration
• May My Company Require COVID-19 Vaccinations?
• A Bumpy Road for Arbitration Under the Biden Administration?
• Coronavirus Paid Leave Expires (Mostly)
Law Alert: DOL Publishes Final IC Rule
• Shipping Contract Language Can Impact Broker Liability
• Canadian ELD Mandate
• Spotlight on Expansion of Scopelitis’ Milwaukee Office
• Dispatches: Transportation Industry News & Trends from Scopelitis
The Department of Labor published the text of its final rule establishing the test for independent contractor status under the Fair Labor Standards Act. The text remained largely unchanged from the initial language released in the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking published last September. The final rule is an economic realities test with a two-tier analysis.