Transportation Law Alerts
Law Alert: Impact of New Tax Bill on Motor Carriers
Read Scopelitis' take on the impact of new tax bill on motor carriers
Law Alert: DOT Adds Four Semi-Synthetic Opioids to Its Industry Drug Testing Panel
Read Scopelitis' take on the DOT's Final Rule on four semi-synthetic opioids being added to its drug testing panel for DOT-regulated industries.
Transportation Law Alert: California Bars Inquiries Into Applicants’ Salary History
Read Scopelitis' take on California law prohibiting employers from seeking salary history information from applicants for employment.
Law Alert: Two Enforcement Actions Signal Growing Compliance Challenges for International Freight Forwarders
Read Scopelitis' take on the recent cases.
Law Alert: ALJ Finds Misclassifying Independent Contractor Drivers Violates the NLRA
Read Scopelitis' take on the ALJ decision.
Law Alert: Permanent Injunction Issued on DOL’s Overtime Rule
Read more on Scopelitis' take on a Texas judge's final order rejecting the U.S. Department of Labor’s attempt to raise the salary level for “white collar” exemptions from overtime.
Law Alert: First Circuit Denies Full-Court Review of Arbitration Opinion Unfavorable for Transportation Providers
Read more on Scopelitis' take on First Circuit decision.
Law Alert: Study Concludes CSA is Sensibly and Reasonably Structured But Recommends Improvements
Read more on Scopelitis' take on NAS report.
Law Alert: U.S. DOL Announces Withdrawal of Joint Employment, Independent Contractor Informal Guidance
Read more on Scopelitis' insights on this DOL announcement.
- Law Alert: FMCSA Withdraws Proposed “Safety Fitness Determination” Rule
- Law Alert: U.S. Senate Votes to Kill Blacklisting Rule
- Law Alert: FMC Initiates License Renewal Requirements for Ocean Transportation Intermediaries
- Law Alert: Fairness in Class Action Litigation Act 2017
- Law Alert: Indiana Court Finds 18-Month Federal Limitations Period Does Not Trump State Limitations Period in Freight Charge Collections Actions