The Transportation Brief®: A Quarterly Newsletter of Legal News, Winter 2019
Transportation Brief: Non-compete Agreement Considerations
by David D. RobinsonPerhaps no other form of contract so frequently causes the relevant parties to huddle with their attorneys and ask the question, “Is this thing enforceable?” Read more from our attorneys.
- Transportation Brief: Per Diem Plan – Is Now the Time?
by Steven A. PletcherEstablishing a per diem program is not overly complicated, but motor carriers should be mindful when implementing a per diem plan to ensure compliance with the IRS “accountable plan” rules. Read more from our attorneys.
- Transportation Brief: U.S. EPA Enforcement of California Air Resources Board (CARB) Regulations Outside of California
by Kelli M. Block, Nathaniel G. SaylorIf your company hires or dispatches heavy-duty trucks to operate in California various CARB regulations may apply to your operations. Read more from our attorneys.
- Transportation Brief: Plaintiffs’ Bar Restless on Sleeper Berth Claims
by James A. EckhartTwo recent cases will be of interest for motor carriers whose drivers use sleeper berth equipment. Read more from our attorneys.
- Transportation Brief: Beware Your State Minimum Wage Increases for 2019
by Donald J. VogelWith a new year inevitably comes new laws. Many of these laws affect employee compensation, expense reimbursement, and a whole host of other benefits and employment issues. Read more from our attorneys.
- Transportation Brief: Spotlight on Employment Law Practice Area
Scopelitis' Employment Law Practice Area strives to help companies strike a balance between harmonious employee relationships and critical business needs. Learn more.
- On the Road
Scopelitis attorneys are often invited to participate in meetings with transportation industry leaders. Learn more about their trips this quarter.
Transportation Industry News & Trends